When I wrote my last post, I didn’t think it would get responses from anyone. I have a very small number of people who follow my blog, after all, and I’m not seeking to gather a following.
Since its publication, however, my blog was posted over at the CARM forums and on Chris Pinto’s website. I was told that the re-posters wanted to do this, and I’m okay with that, but I want to clarify some things.
1. I am not an advocate of KJV Onlyism.
2. I am a supporter (i.e. Fan, not financial supporter) of Alpha and Omega Ministries. I’ve learned much from Dr. White and I hope to learn more from him in the future through his podcasts.
3. In saying that Dr. White lost the debate, I’m not saying that his position is wrong. Nor am I saying that Chris Pinto’s position is right.
This is something that could easily get lost in the cacophony of voices online discussing the debate.
4. I am still learning about these things. But I can comment on these issues as an audience member seeking to learn more and hash things out for myself. This is one of the reasons why publicly moderated debates can be helpful.
5. I have watched and enjoyed Chris Pinto’s film A Lamp in the Dark. I’ve also recently listened/watched Tares Among the Wheat and also enjoyed that. Likewise, I’ve enjoyed his podcast, which I only recently discovered.
I’m writing this post because I want to make it known that I am not working with/for Mr. Pinto or with/for anyone else. I was simply expressing my opinion regarding who won the debate.
I don’t want to be engaged in the postdebate debate, so I will not be commenting on the issue further.
Soli Deo Gloria