There are many ways of demonstrating that the Roman Catholic religion’s claim to infallibility is absolutely false. This article will add another way to that growing list. The point of the article is to examine just one section of the Catechism of the Catholic Church regarding Muslims. It reads as follows:
“The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.”[ [http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_P29.HTM]
This portion of the catechism states that Muslims and Romanists “together…adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.” This one statement destroys any Romanist claims to infallibility, for (i.)Scripture emphatically declares that anyone who does not have the Son does not have the Father, and (ii.)Scripture emphatically declares that it is the Man Christ Jesus who will judge the world.
“Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the One who sent Him,”[John 5:23] Jesus infallibly declares. “No one who denies the Son has the Father,” the apostle infallibly declares.[ 1st John 2:23a] And yet, Islam denies the Divine Sonship of our Lord Jesus Christ.[ “They indeed have disbelieved who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. Say: Who then can do aught against Allah, if He had willed to destroy the Messiah son of Mary, and his mother and everyone on earth? Allah’s is the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them. He createth what He will. And Allah is Able to do all things,” (Quran 5:17, Pickthal).] Therefore, according to God, Muslims do not adore the one true God. Rather, they suppress the Truth in unrighteousness and erect in the place of the Triune God a unitarian idol named Allah. But consider further the fact that Jesus Christ is “the One appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead,”[ Acts 10:42b] “a Man whom [God] has appointed,”[ Acts 17:31] the one “who is to judge the living and the dead,”[ 2nd Tim 4:1] a Man who is God Almighty Himself.
To put the matter very succinctly:
1. No one who denies the Son has the Father.
2. Islam denies the Son.
3. Therefore, Islam does not have the Father.
1. No Muslim worships the Triune God.
2. The Triune God is the Only True God.
3. Therefore, no Muslim worships the One True God.
1. All false god worshipers are idolaters.
2. Muslims are false god worshipers.
3. Therefore, Muslims are idolaters.
1. Anyone who worships the same god as an idolater is an idolater.
2. Romanists worship the same god as the idolatrous Muslims.
3. Therefore, Romanists are idolaters.
1. Muslims don’t worship Jesus Christ.
2. Jesus Christ is the One True God who will judge all men.
3. Therefore, Muslims don’t worship the One True God who will judge all men.
To make matters even worse, however, consider the following:
1. If Romanism is infallible regarding the nature of Islam’s deity, then it is a unitarian, antichristian idolatrous religious system.
2. But if Romanism is not a unitarian, antichristian idolatrous religious system, then it is not infallible.
3. Therefore, either Romanism is infallible and a unitarian, antichristian idolatrous religious system; or it is not a unitarian, antichristian idolatrous religious system, and it is fallible.
Ironically, the Romanist confession of faith is infallibly correct on at least this matter:
Romanists do not worship the Triune God of Scripture,
but another deity who accepts worship from various idolaters.
May God be true, and every man a liar.
Soli. Deo. Gloria.